Caviaroli Basil Olive Oil Caviar is a new basil flavored Caviaroli that has a touch of basil flavor, a light green color and transparency that adds a magical touch to any dish. Developed by molecular gastronomy Chef Ferran Adria, Caviaroli olive oil caviar are small spheres of high quality Spanish Arbequina olive oil that burst in the mouth. The patented process cannot be made in a professional kitchen or at home. An incredible garnish for any modern dish and amuse bouche. Caviaroli olive oil is used in several Michelin star restaurants by chefs such as Ferran Adria, Artur Martinez, Nando Jubany, Joan Roca, Dani Garcia, Quique Dacosta, Paco Perez and Carles Tejedor. You just need to use a few pearls per serving so this jar of 200g has between 100 to 200 servings.
Caviaroli needs to be stored at room temperature, away from light and heat like any other olive oil.
Check out Caviaroli recipes here.
How to Use Caviaroli Olive Oil Caviar
- If you want to soften the outer membrane of the sphere, you can lightly salt Caviaroli in a colander and let it rest for 30 minutes at room temperature. This will make the membrane thinner and softer.
- Serve at room temperature for a better experience, not cold from the fridge.
- To increase the olive oil flavor without the need of using lots of Caviaroli pearls, you can season it with extra virgin olive oil made from Arbequina olives, same kind used in Caviaroli Basil.
How to Conserve
- Store in a dry, cool place, protected from light and odors.
- Make sure the Container is closed tight to prevent the olive oil in the jar from oxidizing.