Iota Carrageenan is a great thickening and gelling agent mostly used with fruits and dairy to form a heat-reversible and flexible soft gel. Iota Carrageenan requires calcium ions to develop a gel and as all carrageenans, it is vegetarian and a great alternative to gelatin.
- Iota Carrageenan forms a soft and elastic gel in conjunction with calcium salts, like calcium chloride, calcium lactate, and calcium lactate gluconate
- Iota Carrageenan forms a clear gel sans syneresis (or weeping)
- Iota Carrageenan forms a stable gel for freeze/thaw purposes
- Stirring a Iota Carrageenan preparation will prevent the forming of a gel, but if let to rest, the broken gel will form again
- Iota Carrageenan is great to make frozen desserts, to stabilize ice creams and rich mouth feel custards even with low fat content
- Iota Carrageenan is equivalent to Iota by Texturas
- Check recipes with Iota Carrageenan
Experiment the most popular molecular gastronomy techniques created by famous chefs like Ferran Adrian and Heston Blumenthal. Unleash your creativity and surprise your diners with amazing dishes.