The Molecular Gastronomy Essentials Kit is the ideal kit if you want to master the spherification technique. The Molecular Essentials Kit includes the molecular tool set, a high precision digital scale, a silicone hemisphere mat, PH Indicator Paper and enough quantity of the 5 most popular ingredients to produce over 50 recipes. The Molecular Essentials Kit is the perfect kit to get started with molecular gastronomy if you want to:
-Really master the spherification technique
-Make juice caviar
-Make perfect large spheres with consistent results every time
-Maintain the original flavor unaltered by using the calcium ingredient preferred by Chef Ferran Adria
-Try more than just a few standard recipes
-Experiment with your own recipes
-Have the freedom to scale recipes up or down
-Have enough quantity of ingredients so you can practice and experiment without worrying about buying refills
-Get equipped to explore lots of other techniques. Next time you just need to purchase powder ingredients.
-Plus you'll get the most useful ingredient in molecular gastronomy to thicken hot and cold liquids, make edible films and combine with other hydrocolloids to create impressive modernist recipes.
Take a look at some of the recipes you can make with this kit here.
In the long run this Molecular Essentials kit is going to be a better deal than the basic kits which have a great presentation ideal for gifting.
This kit will get you setup with the basic tools and the essential high precision digital scale to create perfect recipes every time without guessing. Most recipes require small amounts of ingredients that need to be precisely weighted by 0.1 g. You cannot guess it by volume so not having a scale makes it almost impossible to follow recipes from books, websites or even create your own. And trust me, as soon as you start exploring molecular gastronomy, you'll want more and you'll end up buying a scale.
The Molecular Essential Kit also includes the silicone hemisphere mold mat which allows you to create perfect spheres fast with consistent results every time. With this mold you don't have to master the spoon technique which takes time and is hard to obtain spheres of perfect shape and size. With the mold, you just freeze the main ingredient and then pop out the frozen hemisphere into the bath and you are done. The spoon technique is fun when you are making 2 or 3 spheres but when you need 10, 20 or more, the mold is a real time saver!
You will also get all the ingredients necessary for making every type of spherification recipe you want including juice caviar. In this kit there is enough quantity of each ingredient to make well over 50 recipes so you don't have to worry about buying refills. Mastering the techniques requires practice and you don't want to be limited by the amount of ingredients you purchased.
Most juices are acidic and acidity inhibits the basic spherification process required for making caviar. That's why we included Sodium Citrate in this kit which allows you to reduce the acidity and make caviar with most fruit juices.
And you will also get Calcium Lactate Gluconate, the best calcium ingredient available to make reverse spherification spheres without altering the taste and texture of the main ingredient. Calcium Lactate Gluconate is the preferred ingredient by Chef Ferran Adria to make spheres as a result of several tests done in his lab with calcium chloride, calcium lactate, calcium lactate gluconate and other calcium ingredients.
Molecular Tool Set
All the tools required to experiment with molecular gastronomy and molecular mixology!
- 1 food grade syringe
- 1 6 feet silicone tube to make agar spaghetti (you can cut into desired length)
- 5 pipettes
- 1 slotted spoon
- 1 set of measuring spoons
High Precision Digital Scale - 0 to 600 g
The compact pocket digital scale is perfect for weighing ingredients with a precision of 0.1 g. The backlit LCD display helps make the numbers viewable and easy to read. The intuitive protective cover provides protection for the scale. Smooth stainless steel platform. Push buttons on the scale give you full control such as: switching modes grams, ounces, troy ounces, pennyweights and tarring. This checkbook size scale offers great range from 600 grams to as little as 0.1 of a gram. Two AAA batteries included.
- 600 gram capacity
- Accurate to 0.1 gram
- Extremely reliable and accurate
Silicone Hemisphere Mold
Create perfect-shape spheres with frozen reverse spherification.
Pour the main ingredient with calcium content in the molds, freeze them, remove them out of the mold and place them in a warm alginate bath. Wait for 5 minutes, remove them from the bath, rinse them and serve perfect-shape spheres!
PH Indicator Paper
The PH Indicator Paper is critical to make basic spherification caviar with acidic ingredients such as most fruit juices. It provides an accurate and quick method of measuring the pH of a solution. The 5 m long paper roll will allow you to measure the PH of hundreds of preparations.
- Sodium Alginate 3 oz : Ideal for molecular gastronomy Basic & Reverse Spherification; in presence of calcium, Sodium Alginate forms a gel without the need of heat; create spheres with liquid center and a delicate gel membrane; equivalent to Algin from Texturas
- Calcium Lactate Gluconate 3 oz: Perfect for molecular gastronomy Reverse Spherification; increases the calcium content of the main ingredient without changing the flavor or altering the consistency; equivalent to Gluco from Texturas
- Calcium Chloride 3.5 oz: Ideal for molecular gastronomy Basic Spherification, adds calcium to the water bath; easily dissolves in water; in presence of sodium alginate; Calcium Chloride forms a gel without the need of heat
- Xanthan Gum 2.5 oz: Ideal for molecular gastronomy thickening and suspension techniques; great for thickening the main ingredient in Reverse Spherification; making sauces, suspending elements in a liquid
- Sodium Citrate 4 oz: Ideal for molecular gastronomy Basic Spherification; can be used to reduce the acidity of the main ingredient when doing Basic Spherification; create spheres with liquid center and a delicate gel membrane of slightly acidic ingredients; Sodium Citrate is equivalent to Citras by Texturas