Thermapen is the most highly recommended food thermometer in the world. Rated #1 by Cook's Illustrated! The Thermapen has been a favorite instant-read cooking thermometer among restaurant chains, health inspectors and quality managers worldwide. Hundreds of thousands of these fast and accurate digital cooking thermometers are in use. Advanced technology makes the new Thermapen Mk4 even more intuitive than previous models. Hold it in any direction and the display automatically rotates right-side-up so you can read it in any position—in either hand, straight up or down; read temperatures without cocking your head.
The clever fold-away probe and the simple pocket design replace more costly and bulky handheld thermometers while using the same professional thermocouple technology.
Made by Hand in England, the Thermapen is faster and more accurate than any other cooking thermometer on the market. Competitors have tried to copy the Thermapen with mass-produced products made in China and have flooded the housewares market with slower, less-accurate knock-offs. However, when compared to true competing commercial thermocouple thermometers, the Thermapen is not only faster and more accurate, it's also less expensive!
- With true full readings between 2 to 3 seconds, World's fastest cooking thermometer, Rated #1 by leading Cook's Magazine
- Patented auto-rotating display intuitively flips right side up in either hand, any position.
- Use in either hand
- Motion-sensing sleep & wake mode: always on during use, sleeps when set down. Wakes when picked up.
- Intelligent backlight: automatically activates backlight in low light conditions or turns on any time with touch of sensor window.
- Waterproof to IP67: protected from dust and immersion in water to 39” depth for up to 30 minutes
- Thermocouple needle senses real-time temperature changes more precisely than low-cost thermistor units
- 4.5 inch probe reaches center of roasts, turkeys, etc. Safely measure BBQ, boiling sugars, fryers
- Range -58 to 572 degrees F covers all cooking and chilling temperatures including deep frying
- Accuracy better than ±0.7°F (±0.4°C) Traceable to National Standards, calibration certificate with test data
- Can be calibrated with digital Trim-Adjust with an ice bath, pro instrument technology superior to cheap housewares
- °F to °C reconfigurable
- Auto on/off—no buttons!
- 3000 hour battery life
- 2 Year Warranty
- Made in England
Speed & Accuracy
Even more accurate than before and slightly faster! The Thermapen's proprietary circuit yields accuracies better than ±0.7°F. That includes all errors! (many other cooking thermometers don't include the probe error in their spec.) Each Thermapen comes with a NIST-Traceable certificate of calibration showing test results for the individual thermometer. Resolution is now 0.1° over the full range. Improvements in the probe technology now yield a blazing fast speed of 3 seconds to a full temperature reading.
The components most likely to fail in a commercial thermometer are the cable and its connector. Also, the typical handheld meter and probe combination requires two hands. What do you do with the cable when you're through with it? The competition want you to wrap it around the meter, which is time consuming and a natural trap for grime and bacteria! The one-handed Thermapen thermometer eliminates frayed cables, snags, germ traps and wasted time while freeing your second hand.
Just open the probe and the Thermapen instant-read thermometer comes on. Close it and it shuts off. No buttons or switches to catch germs, confuse staff and cause errors. Configuration settings in the thermometer's battery compartment allow management to easily set the Thermapen for °C or °F, read in tenths or whole degrees (0.1° or 1°), and disable the auto-off for continuous readings till the probe is closed. Although likely to never be needed, a calibration trim button fine-tunes the Thermapen calibration at a single temperature such as an ice-bath.
The closest commercial thermometer competition for the Super-Fast Thermapen sells for about $200. Other thermometer and probe combinations sell for up to $250! In most cases, you can buy a whole new Thermapen for about the price the competition charges for just a replacement probe. Compare speed, convenience, accuracy and the new durability of the Splash-Proof Super-Fast Thermapen and you'll see how you can save significant money while improving your own product quality.
For Professional and Home Use
The Super-Fast Thermapen is a professional tool (originally designed for commercial kitchens, labs and manufacturing plants) that has become the top consumer cooking thermometer for home use. Its popularity among celebrity chefs, cooking magazines, top foodies, bloggers and competition BBQ teams has made the Thermapen into an essential tool in the best-equipped home kitchens and backyard BBQ rigs.
A Thermapen can be used for virtually anything that needs to be cooked or chilled. Use it on meats, fish, casseroles, re-heated foods, breads, cakes, deep frying and candy. You don't have to have a Thermapen to be a great cook; however, more than one celebrity chef and several food writers have testified that a Thermapen will make you a better cook.